Rule 135 then goes on to add, “Delta is not liable when it cancels the reservation of any passenger in accordance with this rule, but:
“1) If such Delta Airlines Reservations was canceled pursuant to paragraph A) of this rule, Delta will take such action as is provided in Rules 35 and 240 (Flight Delays/Cancellations);
“2) If such reservation was canceled pursuant to other paragraphs of this rule, Delta will refund in accordance with Rule 270 (Voluntary Refunds).”
As far as I can tell, Rule 270 makes no provision for a later arrival, including a missed flight due to delays at check-in or security screening. That’s why passengers are advised to get to airports well ahead of the scheduled boarding time. You can read the whole document yourself at http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/legal/contract_of_carriage_dom.pdf to see if you can find anything specific to your situation that is (or isn’t) addressed.
How to Change Your Delta Flight
- Visit the Delta website and click My Trips. Go to https://www.delta.com/. Once you’re there, click the link that says “My Trips” on the left-hand side of the screen
- Input your flight details. You’ll have to type in your first and last name and flight confirmation number. Once you type them in, click “Find my Trip.” The next page will display the itinerary for your flight.
- Change the dates and details of the flight and click search. On this page, you can select the days of your travel and search for a new flight. Enter the new flight that you want to take and click search to find applicable tickets
- Click the new flight that you want. Once you click on the new flight, the website will automatically calculate the new cost for your flight, including the difference between ticket costs and the fees associated with changing your flight.
- If your flight is within the U.S., the change fee is $200 USD.
- The change fee outside of the U.S. is between $200 to $500 USD but varies depending on where you’re traveling.
- Pay for the new flight. Input your credit card details to pay for the new tickets. Keep in mind that any remaining balance will be charged to your card when you do this.
- Call Delta if you don’t want to use the web. Dial +1-833-584-0869 or find the number in your country by visiting https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/support/talk-to-us/reservations-and-refunds/reservations-offices.html. Have your itinerary and details ready and explain that you want to change your flight details. They will talk to you about your options and the costs associated with switching your flight.