Getting a plan changed does not take long, even though it takes quite a while to execute it. In the event of a flight change resulting from something unexpected, the passenger goes through a lengthy process. As a result, United Airlines provides a smooth flight change policy to its passengers. The United Airlines Flight Change Policy is far less complicated than any other Airline’s.
You can find all the information you need on this page if you want to make last-minute changes to a United air ticket.
What is Current United Airlines Change of Flight Policy?
A United Airlines change flight policy allows passengers to change or reschedule their flight in the event of an unexpected event resulting in its modification or rescheduling. It varies depending on the features of your United fare type. You must pay the difference in fare if the new flight is more expensive than the original flight.
United Airlines Flight Change Policy Guidelines
Before you go for a flight change, there are some crucial considerations that you should look at:
- A passenger can change a flight ticket without paying any fee within 24 hours of purchase.
- You will not have to pay any flight change fee if your travel itinerary includes travel within the USA and Canada. However, this condition does not apply to the basic fare.
- The travel credit remains valid for up to one year from the issue date.
- Passengers can change the flight as many times as they want as long as they pay a fare difference every time.
- You shouldn’t book a new flight if your plans are hazy. Instead, you should choose a travel credit.
- According to the United Flight Change Policy, you will get future credit for the difference if the new flight is less expensive.
- If a passenger travels on an Award Ticket for an Economy Class or Premium Economy flight, there will be no United change fee provided the flight must originate from the USA.
- There will be no standby fee if you go for an earlier flight on the same day.
MileagePlus members can reserve a seat on an earlier flight for free.
Travel credit must be used through a travel agency if it was given on a flight booked through one.
If you book your group flight through the airline’s group desk, you may be subject to flight change charges.
Ticket names can be changed if the alphabet in the name is incorrect.
United Airlines 24 hours Flight Change Policy
There is a 24-hour flight change policy under which you can change the time, origin, destination, and travel day of your reservation. The following points must be considered before you modify your reservation:
- The flight ticket you want to change must be operated by United Airlines.
- There will be no United change fee if you request flight modifications within 24 hours of purchase. However, fare differences may apply.
- These conditions will not apply to basic economy tickets.
United Airlines Flight Change Policy for Different Fares
It is one of the largest airlines in the world with a global route network, making it one of the largest in the world. United Airlines offers three kinds of fares; Basic Economy Fares, Non-refundable Fares, and Refundable Fares. Therefore, the air transport industry offers a wide variety of ravishing services for both frequent and new travelers.
United Airlines Change Flight Policy differs for all fares and MileagePlus Award Tickets. To understand how flight modification policies work for different United fares, please refer to the following guidelines.
United Airlines Change Flight Policy For Basic Economy Tickets
The best way out here is to cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking (free) and then purchase a new one.
Additionally, United Airlines offers e-credits for USD 49.50 per one-way domestic flight or USD 99.50 per one-way international flight.
United Airlines Change Flight Policy For Non-Refundable Tickets
In accordance with the latest United change flight policy, non-refundable ticket holders are allowed to change flights without incurring any charges, but existing flights must be paid the fare difference.
For same-day flight change scenarios, United Airlines will charge –
- USD 75 for general and silver-tier members.
- Free of cost for Gold, Platinum, or 1K members.
United Airlines Change Fee
United does not charge a change fee for rescheduling flights with refundable tickets. However, if you are changing to a more expensive ticket, you must pay the difference in fare. In addition, if your new flight is cheaper, the united will either refund the difference to your original payment method or convert it into e-credits for future travel. The validity of the refund and E credits depends entirely on the eligibility of the ticket.
United Flight Change Policy & Fee for MileagePlus Award Tickets
It is possible to be charged a fee depending on the time when you revoke your award ticket and your elite status. The United Change fee has been eliminated for flights departing the US within 30 days of revoke.
However, the United Airlines Change Fee for international award tickets (not originating in the US) is as follows:
- $ 125 for General members.
- $ 100 for Premier Silver members.
- $ 75 for Premier Gold members.
- $50 for Premier Platinum members.
- $ 0 for Premier 1K members.
How to Change a United Airlines Flight?
In accordance with United Airlines Change Flight Policy, passengers can modify a ticket in a variety of ways. It is generally the customer’s responsibility to adjust their air ticket at the last minute. They can do so online or offline. We’ll explain how to do it:
Method 1 – United Airlines Change Flight via Website
You can change your flight reservations online more reliably than any other method. You simply need a reliable internet connection to open the official website of United Airlines to modify your flight ticket. The steps for this method are as follows:
- First, go to United Airlines’ official site.
- In the second step, enter your six-digit reservation number as well as the customer’s last name. Click the “Confirm” button to complete the process.
- The third step is to choose which flight you want to change and click on “Change your Flight”.
- Fourth, press the “Continue” button.
- Complete the flight change process at least one hour before departure.
- Finally, you can use a debit or credit card to make payments when the pay difference is significant.
Method 2 – United Airlines Flight Change via Contact Number
By using this method, you can contact the airline directly through a valid customer service number. Follow these steps to change a flight:
- The first step is to contact United Airlines’ flight change department at 800-864-8331.
- Secondly, ask for a flight change when you speak with the airline representative.
- Third, choose a new flight displayed on your screen by the agent. You can select one of the alternatives. Also, you must compare the United change feeand fare difference.
- You can use debit and credit cards for making payments.
- The United change flight process will end once the payment is successful. Later, you will receive an email about the change confirmation.
Method 3 – United Airlines Flight Change at Airport
If the above two methods have failed you, here is one more mode that you can use at your comfort. For this, you need to visit your departing airport. If you request a United same day flight change, you must finish the process one hour before the scheduled departure for domestic travel. In foreign travel, the process must be completed at least three hours before the scheduled departure.
Here are the steps that you can follow to make a United Airlines ticket change by visiting the airport:
- First, reach the airport and go to the registration desk of United Airlines.
- Second, provide the airline representative with your six-digit number code or 13-digit e-ticket number.
- Third, you should ask for a flight change reservation and look closely at your ticket’s change policy.
- In the fourth step, the agent will offer you the opportunity to choose a second flight from the list of alternatives.
In addition, at the airport terminal, you can also pay in cash if the fare difference is large.
After the successful payment, the process will be completed.
United Airlines Schedule Change Policy
As early as 11 months before departure, United Airlines releases their flight schedule to passengers. After they release the schedule, they make the necessary alterations. Such modifications may include the following:
- Time of arrival or departure
- The frequency of flights has changed
- Route additions and removals
- Changes in the type of aircraft
Two weeks before the final departure time, you will be notified of the scheduling change. If you want to change your flight, you have the following options:
Changing your flight seven days before or after your scheduled departure is free of charge.
- The traveler may request a full refund if United Airlines’ rescheduling adjustments don’t suit him.
- If you want to look at other flight possibilities, you must ascertain the following things:
- The final and initial destination points must be the same as before.
- You can choose a different stopover location if you have a connecting flight.
- United or one of its partner airlines needs to operate the new route.
A full refund is available if the itinerary has been substantially changed. United allows you to receive a refund on the remaining ticket portion if the airline is not able to place you in the cabin that you have paid for.
United’s Same Day Flight Change Policy
In order to make changes to your flight on the same day you bought it, you must follow these steps:
A United change fee will not apply to Premier Gold, Premier 1K, or Premier Platinum members.
In order to change a United flight on the same day, Premium Silver members and MileagePlus members will be charged $75.
A passenger can make a change to their flight up to 24 hours before departure. However, the ticket difference between the original air ticket and the revised United airfare must be paid by the passenger.
If you make route modifications, you will be charged an amount if it is a United same-day flight change.
Types of Flight Change at United Airlines
As part of United Airlines’ flight change policy, passengers can alter a ticket. In addition to changing the cabin booked and the fare type, the customer is able to make a number of other changes. Below are some of the changes you can make to the flight ticket:
United Airlines Flight Change in Reservation Date
You can easily change the date on your United ticket if you follow the flight change policy. If something unexpected comes up at the last minute, a passenger may request a date change. A United flight modification policy allows you to modify your flight date up to 11 months in advance. You can change your flight date according to this policy as many times as you need.
United Airlines Flight Seat Change
You can also change seats on United Airlines if you’re a passenger. In United Airlines ticket change, you can upgrade your seat in many ways. However, basic economy tickets cannot be upgraded. The price of a different class ticket can be increased.
United Airlines Flight Changes to a New Location
Changing a flight ticket to another location can be done by the traveller if they choose the wrong destination by mistake. One hour before departure, customers can change their destination or origin without paying any fee as per United Airlines’ change policy. The service allows customers to make a new trip to a different destination.
Death or severe illness can result in a 5% discount on United’s change of travel time, dates, or location.
United Airlines Standby Policy for Flight Change
When a passenger misses a flight, United Airlines lets them board the next available flight as long as they arrive at least two hours before departure. To take advantage of this policy, flyers must arrive at least two hours before departure. There is also a chance that you will have to wait several hours before you are able to get a seat.
How to Speak with a Live Agent for United Airlines Change Flights?
In addition to top-notch customer service, United Airlines has live representatives who can answer any questions you may have about your reservation. In order to make your journey even more enjoyable and leisurely, you should consult the airline’s support team.
For flight changes, refunds, reservations, or cancellations, call United Airlines’ official phone number (800) 864-8331. via